The Health Foundation – Scaling Up Improvement
Do you have a health care intervention or approach that has been proven to deliver better care?
- Are you ready to deliver your intervention or approach at scale?
- We’re looking for teams with approaches or interventions that have been successfully tested at a small scale, shown to improve care and are now ready to be implemented more widely.
- Apply now to receive up to £500,000 funding to support the implementation and evaluation of your project.
Scaling Up Improvement supports teams to take successful health care interventions or approaches and deliver them at scale, to improve health care in the UK. The Health Foundation will support up to seven projects that aim to scale and spread tested interventions or approaches to improve the delivery of healthcare services. Projects must be able to make improvements at scale at care pathway, health board, clinical network, organisational, regional or national levels. Your project should result in direct impact on patient outcomes within the timescale of the programme.
Due to the range of skills and experience required to deliver an improvement project of this scale, it is expected that a number of organisations will need to work together in partnership to deliver a successful project.
To apply read the information below and complete the screening tool to check your eligibility.
To support academics in applying to either the researcher-led or commissioned workstream of the Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation Programme, NIHR are offering two webinars (12 and 16 January 2017). These will provide you with an outline of the programme, tips for a successful application and allow you the opportunity to ask questions of the team.
Researcher-led funding opportunities Proposals on topics or research questions identified by researchers, which are within the programme’s remit, can be submitted through our researcher-led workstream.
The deadline for applications is 1pm, 14 March 2017. For more information about this funding opportunity, visit the NIHR website, or to discuss your application contact email@example.com. Commissioned workstream We currently have funding opportunities open in a variety of topic areas.
- Improving Safety and Efficacy Through Targeted Drug Delivery
- Novel Interventions for Treatment Resistant Depression
- Mechanisms of action of health interventions
Full details including guidance are available on the NIHR website. The deadline for applying is 1pm, 14 March 2017.
Proposed research areas The below topics are likely to be commissioned during the next year. Individual commissioning briefs will be published when the call opens and will define the call details.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Interventions to Slow the Progression of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Intraoperative Imaging for Oncological Surgery
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Technologies for Treating Psychological Disorders
Do you want to work with industry to test the feasibility of your idea, research and develop it and demonstrate it in a prototype.
Innovate UK funding competitions cover the following industry sectors:
- emerging and enabling technologies
- infrastructure systems
- health and life sciences
- manufacturing and materials
Some of the current funding calls include:
- vaccines for global epidemics – preclinical
- improving care for stroke patients
- innovation in health and life science
- GPs practices of the future
- Managing sickness absence
- Cell and gene therapies for industrila manufacture
- Using technology to improeve dermatology
For further details see the Innovate UK website.