Science with and for Society (SwafS) “Opportunities E-Book” for Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2018-2020
Topics include: ICT, Heath Demographic change and Wellbeing, Blue Growth, Rural Renaissance, Migration, Governance for the Future, Digital Security, Climate Action, Green energy for growth, Food Security and Sustainable agriculture
See link to e-book for full details:
An Information Event about the RI Work Programme has been arranged for 22 November, 10.00-3.00 at Newcastle University. The event will cover:
- An overview of the 2018-2020 Research Infrastructures Work Programme and calls (This will be a video playback from the event in London on 14 November where a European Commission speaker gave a presentation. There will hopefully be a live video link to Brussels for a question and answer session with the Commission).
- How to put together a winning proposal – a recent success story
- An overview of services offered by the UK Research Office
- A presentation of the call timetable (by Katie Ward, UK National Contact Point)
- Lunch and networking
Although attendance at the event is free, you will need to register here.
Details of the RI work plan can be found here (pdf document, use the pdf compressor), and a full list of call topics can be found here.
In preparation for the Horizon 2020 Call deadline (16th February 2016 ) for some Low Carbon Energy topics, the EU Energy Focus Team and the Knowledge Transfer Network will deliver a seminar on 21st January 2016 from 11am until 12 noon. The webinar will focus on how to address the evaluation criteria effectively and will include examples of evaluator feedback from the previous Call for Proposals.
To register for the webinar and view the list of topics, please click here.
The Guide for Applicants can be found here and details of the Call can be found here.
Deadline: 12 January 2016 at 17:00 (Brussels time)
Between October and December 2015, a series of ICT-themed events focusing on the new LEIT-ICT WP 2016-2017 will be held in the UK as detailed below.
In addition, a Future and Emerging Technologies Workshop in November will cover the upcoming funding opportunities of the new Work Plan 2016-2017.
The following events are organised by the KTN in collaboration with the NCP in ICT-FET. All events are free but registration is required.
- H2020 Photonics Info Day: London [Ambassadors Hotel] 27 October 2015 Further information and registration here.
- H2020 ‘Smart Systems’ and ICT for Factories of the Future: London [Ambassadors Hotel] 5 November 2015 Further information and registration here.
- H2020 Cloud Computing and Software Technologies London [Inmarsat Conference Centre] 20 November 2015 Further information and registration here.
- H2020 Robotics and Autonomous Systems – Networking Event London [Mary Ward House Conference and Exhibition Centre] 1 December 2015 Further information and registration here.
- H2020 Big Data Topics 2016 – Brokerage Event London [ICO Conference Centre] 8 December 2015 Further information and registration here.
- FET Workshop 2015 London [BIS Conference Centre] 24 November 2015 Further information and registration here. Note: limited places so booking is essential.
on 29th and 30th October 2015 in Brussels. The event is being organised by the European Commission (DG RTD) and Net4Society, a network of Societal Challenge 6 national contacts points.
This conference will discuss the 2050 perspective of Europe in a Changing World. Information on funding opportunities for Social Sciences and Humanities under the 2016-17 Work Programme will also be presented.
For the agenda and registration details click here
There are still some places available for the two information events on MSCA Innovative Training Networks 2016 that UKRO is organising in York and London. Both events will take place on 7 October 2015.
Registration and further information is available on these events can be found here: York ITN event and London ITN event pages.