NERC wants science and innovation advisors
NERC has announced it is looking for members of its Science and Innovation Strategy Board, which is the key source of advice to NERC Council on science and innovation matters. As a member of this board, you would help NERC shape its overall science strategy and advise Council on strategic priorities of funding initiatives as well as informing and advising on current and future directions in UK environment science.
You can either nominate yourself or someone else for membership, bearing in mind the profile and attributes which NERC expects of members of SISB. A list of current members is also available. The deadline for nominations is October 9th at 5pm.
AHRC wants members of a new Research Careers and Training advisory group
AHRC has announced it is establishing a new advisory group tasked to focus specifically on research careers and training within the arts and humanities. The terms of reference of the group include providing strategic advice on matters relating to postgraduates and researcher training, and advising on skills development needs and discipline health.
The AHRC are seeking members in the following areas:
- Two senior academics who have a demonstrable interest in researcher development at PG level and beyond
- Training lead for postgraduate and researcher development in a University or other research organisation.
- Representatives of two non-academic organisations (preferably one public and one private sector), which might include independent consultants
- Two student representatives
- Two early career researcher (within 8 years of PhD, or 6 years of first academic appointment) representatives
Potential applicants have until the 5th October to nominate themselves using the application form [.doc].