“Research Fingerprints” – Tailored research funding alerts for staff
As you might be aware, Northumbria University has a subscription to *Research Professional, an online service offering an extensive database of open research funding opportunities as well as a wealth of research policy and practice news.
On 26th May 2017, we plan to switch on an upgrade to this service called ‘Research Fingerprints’, which will mean academic staff will start getting emails about funding opportunities of direct relevance to you as an individual. Every Friday you will receive details of funding opportunities based on a profile that has been built based on your publications and other publicly available information.
If you’re not receiving these emails after this date, you can set up an email alert in the Research Professional system in a matter of minutes with the resources below:
Some of the other features of Research Professional include:
- A massive database of international funding opportunities that is updated twice a week
- Advanced search capabilities that can get you to the exact type of grant you are looking for. Search by grant type, discipline, funder amount, country and many more
- Set up email alerts on tailored searches you have saved to be notified when a grant you are looking for is added to the database
- Easily share opportunities you have found with colleagues or potential partners and download deadlines to your calendar
- Comprehensive news service that keeps you up to date with major developments in the funding landscape, and email alerts in your area of policy interest
All staff and students have access to the system without needing to log in from a Northumbria desktop computer. Off-campus, staff can use their staff Log-in details to get in from the Login page by selecting ‘Northumbria University’ and students can register with an account with their email address.
If you have any queries on using the system, you can contact the Research and Innovation Office