Not many people know the University subscribes to the ‘Research Professional’ system, and it is available to all members of staff. Whatever type of grant you need, Research Professional can help you find it!
It is available at www.researchprofessional.com/site/northumbria and has some great features that can be invaluable in finding research funding opportunities that match your interests, or the exact type of grant you are looking for.
This Quick Start Guide can get you off and running
We have been working behind the scenes to make the system even easier to use- staff can now log in with their staff details, and will receive a weekly email from the system with relevant opportunities related to their department. (You can easily unsubscribe from these emails from the link within it, and set up email alerts tailored to your own specific research area or career stage using the guides below.)
Under ‘My Institution’ you will also be able to find a specific page for your department that lists the key research contacts in your area.
Some of the other features of Research Professional include:
- A massive database of international funding opportunities that is updated twice a week
- Advanced search capabilities that can get you to the exact type of grant you are looking for. Search by grant type, discipline, funder amount, country and many more
- Set up email alerts on tailored searches you have saved to be notified when a grant you are looking for is added to the database
- Easily share opportunities you have found with colleagues or potential partners and download deadlines to your calendar
- Comprehensive news service that keeps you up to date with major developments in the funding landscape, and email alerts in your area of policy interest
A quick user guide and instructional videos on how to use the system are below.
Research Professional- ‘Getting Started’ user guide
Research Professional: Searching for Funding Video
Research Professional: Saving Funding Searches and Email alerts Video
Research Professional YouTube channel with lots of other helpful videos
If you have any questions on using the system not answered in the resources above you can contact your Faculty Research and Funding Policy Manager: