Overview of the Research Excellence Framework (REF)
1:00pm – 2:00pm, Wednesday, May 23, 2018
The session will put the Research Excellence Framework (REF) in context, providing the background to the exercise, a brief overview of the outcome from REF2014, and information on known changes to the guidance for REF2021.
Aims and Objectives
- Understand changes between REF2014 and REF2021
- Plan the next steps in your REF involvement
Writing Retreat (Includes lunch!)
9:30am – 4:00pm, Thursday, May 24, 2018
This is a session dedicated to writing, whether that be grant writing or writing for publication. It will allow people a space away from their office where they can come along and write free from distraction. There will be a quiet room to work in (with no talking and phones on silent please!). This will also be an opportunity to meet and talk to colleagues from across the university.
Please note that you must must bring your own writing instruments/electronic writing device.
Aims and Objectives:
- Developed your academic writing skills
- Will have completed a personal writing aim
- Will have planned your next writing aim
Risk Assessment and Health and Safety Awareness
10:00am – 12:00pm, Thursday, May 24, 2018
Want to find out more about Health and Safety in the University? Unsure as to how to complete a risk assessment? This session will provide an overview of both areas and provideyou with an opportunity to carry out practical exercises in completing risk assessments.
Aims and objectives
- Reasons for safety standards; Legal, Moral, Ethical
- The Health and safety at work act
- The Health and Safety Policy
- Your legal responsibilities
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk assessment
- Fire Safety: what you need to know
- Communication, Incident and injury reporting
- Further information
Book your places here.