Newcastle University will be hosting a UK information day on COST in preparation for the first 2018 COST collection date (20 April 2018, details here).
Event: UK COST information day
COST Actions are a flexible, fast, effective and efficient networking instrument for researchers, engineers and scholars to cooperate and coordinate nationally funded research activities. COST Actions allow European researchers to jointly develop their own ideas in any science and technology field.
Date and time: 08 Feb 2018, 10:30-15:30
Venue: Research Beehive, Newcastle University
Details: The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), in partnership with Newcastle University, are hosting the UK COST Information Day on Thursday 8 February 2018. The UK is a proud founding member of COST, the longest running intergovernmental framework for European Cooperation in Science and Technology. It allows UK researchers and stakeholders from all disciplines and industry to lead on and take part in bottom-up networks (called COST Actions) and collaborate with top scientific communities in Europe and worldwide. This event offers an opportunity to find out more about taking part in COST Actions and share best practice with current and past members of UK COST Actions. It is also a chance to meet and have discussions with Mr Christer Halén, the Senior Administrator for Science Operations at the COST Association (based in Brussels) and with UK COST officials based at BEIS.
Registration (closes on 01 Feb 2018): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/uk-cost-information-day-tickets-42119109390
- Christer Halén, Senior Administrator for Science Operations at the COST Association (based in Brussels)
- Julia Lewis, UK COST Senior Official, BEIS
- Herbee Thomas, UK COST National Co-ordinator, BEIS
- Prof. James School of Law, Education, Communication and Language Sciences, Newcastle University, Chair Cost Action IS1406
- Prof. Volker Straub, Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, Chair Cost Action BM1304
- Dr Simona Francese, Centre for Mass Spectrometry Imaging, Sheffield Hallam University, Chair Cost Action CA16101 (awarded in 2016)