The Newton Fund aims to promote the economic development and social welfare of either the partner countries or, through working with the partner country, to address the well being of communities. It will do so through strengthening partner country science and innovation capacity and unlocking further funding to support this work. It is part of the UK’s official development assistance (ODA).
Here are the latest calls from the Newton Fund.
- CHILE – Newton RCUK-CONICYT Broadening Impact Call (RCUK) – 3 October 2017
- CHINA – UK-Guangdong (China) – Urban innovation (Innovate UK) – 4 October 2017
- BRAZIL – Expressions of Interest: Estimating methane fluxes through inverse modelling (CSSP Brazil) (Met Office) – 4 October 2017
- BRAZIL – Expressions of Interest: Meteorological driving data for offline land surface and impacts simulations (CSSP Brazil) (Met Office) – 4 October 2017
- INDONESIA-MALAYSIA-PHILIPPINES – Expressions of Interest: Tropical Error Covariances for Data Assimilation (WCSSP Southeast Asia) (Met Office) – 9 October 2017
- BRAZIL-CHINA-MEXICO-SOUTH AFRICA – Newton Mobility Grants (Royal Society) – 10 October 2017
- INDIA – Newton Bhabha UK–India industrial waste challenge 2017 (BBSRC, EPSRC) – 24 October 2017
- TURKEY – Distinguished Visiting Fellowships and Missions (RAEng) – 25 October 2017
- PERU – Researcher Links Workshop Grants (British Council) – 25 October 2017
- PERU – Researcher Links Travel Grants (British Council) – 25 October 2017
- TURKEY – Fellowships for UK Researchers (British Academy, Royal Academy of Engineering, Royal Society) – Applications on a rolling basis