NIHR have published a booklet providing information about their research funding and career development opportunities for researchers based in the NHS, universities, industry and other organisations concerned with health , public health and social care.
The NIHR funds a range of research programmes to produce the evidence to enable professionals, policy makers and patients to make informed decisions and provide the means to turn new interventions into better care. To achieve this goal NIHR have a range of schemes from pre-clinical, feasibility & pilot right through to systematic review. The major programmes are:
- Efficacy & Mechanism Evaluation (EME)
- Health Services & Delivery Research (HS&DR)
- Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- Invention for Innovation (i4i)
- Programme Grants for Applied Research (PGfAR)
- Programme Development Grants (PDG)
- Public Health Research (PHR)
- Research for the Patient Benefit (RfPB)
- Systematic Reviews (SR)
Calls are issued for either commissioned research or researcher-led (responsive mode). The NIHR also commissions themed calls which are advertised on their website.
|Number of Opportunities to apply per year||EME||HS&DR||HTA||i4i||PGfAR||PDG||PHR||RfPB||SR|
For further details about any of these schemes see the NIHR Funding Opportunities for Research & Career Development Booklet or take a look at the NIHR website.